Promoting Safety After Auto Accidents
You do your best to be an alert, safe driver every time you hit the road. Unfortunately, accidents can happen regardless of how careful you are as a motorist. If you are involved in a car crash, the actions you take directly following the crash are vital.
At Rosenthal Kooshoian & Lennon, LLP, our attorneys help victims injured in car accidents and promote safety on the roadway.
What To Do After A Crash
A crash can alter your life in mere seconds. Your health and financial stability can change in an instant. When you are involved in an auto accident, you should work quickly and take the correct measures to help aid your recovery. After an accident you should:
- Promote safety: Check yourself and any passengers for injuries. Make yourself visible to other motorists so they do not make the crash worse.
- Seek medical attention: If injuries are severe, call an ambulance. If you feel fine or have minor injuries, you should still receive medical attention. Some injuries worsen over time or do not present symptoms right away. Request detailed documentation from your medical professionals and ask questions about your recovery plan.
- Document everything: If you are able, you should take pictures of the scene and get contact information from any witnesses and first responders. Take pictures of your injuries as well. Ask your doctor for thorough notes, and always keep copies of all visits and associated costs. If a representative from an insurance company contacts you, record their contact information and the subject of their inquiry.
- Contact professionals: Call the police and have them file a report. Speak with a medical professional and call a lawyer as soon as you can. Your attorney can begin their own investigation into the accident.
- Stay diligent: Keep your attorney notified of any correspondence from insurance representatives or other professionals. Make sure your lawyer understands your needs, goals and recovery plan.
Saying the wrong thing could jeopardize your case. Do not apologize for anything, and take action right away.
We Are Here For You
The attorneys at Rosenthal Kooshoian & Lennon, LLP have over 70 years of experience helping motor vehicle accident victims. We know how to investigate a crash and ensure that you reach the best possible outcome after such a difficult experience. If you’ve been in a crash, contact our firm at 716-800-3442 to receive the assistance of an experienced advocate.